• HWWI Raw Materials Price Index declines 19.7% (US dollar basis)
• Sub-index for natural gas falls by 47.6%
• Sub-index for coal falls by 12.0%
• Energy raw material price index rises slightly by 2.8% (US dollar basis)
• Industrial raw material price index rises by 3.2%
• Food and beverage price index decreases by 1.0%
• HWWI overall index declines by 1.3% (US dollar basis)
• Energy raw material price index declines by 1.5%
• Industrial raw material price index rises slightly by 0.9%
If you would like to be regularly informed about developments in commodity markets and the research results of HWWI, you can register for the HWWI press distribution list. You will then automatically receive all press releases of the HWWI by e-mail.
EXTERNAL PRESS ARTICLE | BY ANDRÉ WOLF
Climate change is changing the Arctic and enabling the exploitation of Arctic resources.
Author: Beatrix Bursig
taz-INTERVIEW | WITH KATRIN KNAUF
The price of crude oil has risen. No problem, says economist Katrin Knauf, as long as the conflict does not intensify. The extraction of oil reserves is beneficial to the environment.
EXTERNAL PRESS ARTICLE | BY KATRIN KNAUF
In August, the HWWI commodity price index fell on average by 6.1 % (in euro: -5.3 %) compared to the previous month.